12 Aug 5 Rewards of Skiing
A lot of people ski for different reasons, though there are common elements why folks love to hit the slopes. For some, they may have grown up spending their winter weekends in fresh powder with their parents (who loved to ski), and it became the activity the family did together for years. For some people, it may have been a late discovery that became a romantic affair, and now they can’t get enough.
No matter the reason, there truly is something epic about going out in beautiful weather, taking pleasure in pristine sunshine, fresh powder, and tearing it up ’til you’re spent. Whether you’re new to the sport or you’re the person that primarily never leaves the mountain and you have to be reminded to wash your ski pants (thankyouverymuch), right here are five reasons we think skiing is pretty good.
1. It’s great to get outside. Perhaps more than ever before in the history of the world, people spend the majority of their time indoors. We may understand how accustomed we’ve become to checking our screens when we disconnect and plug in to nature instead.
2. There are some serious benefits to moving your body. As stated in this article (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201409/moving-your-body-is-good-your-mind) inPsychology Today, did you know that, in addition to being linked to cardiovascular health, physical activity is linked to brain health, too? And we’re not even getting started on a lot of the other positive byproducts, like helping you sleep better or fighting the internal blues.
3. It can help enhance your coordination. There’s nothing like discussing constantly shifting terrain and fast performances to train your body and mind to be regularly interacting with the world around it. The more frequently you do it, the less complicated it will become.
4. If life is feeling a little blah, one of the ways things can become interesting again is to learn something new. Figure out why this is something people become addicted to and can’t get enough of when the conditions are amazing.
5. And lastly, what can we say? It’s FUN!!! It’s a great way to spend an afternoon with buddies! You’ll get better. You’ll get faster.
But, hey! We’re the folks you wanna call when it’s time to go home and your group is pooped from going to it hard all day. Let us do the driving while everyone sits back traveling home.